4-channel 4425 PicoScope ADVANCED Diagnostic Kit
This package contains the 4-channel 4425 Picoscope module and software combined with an VERY extensive test lead package. It is compatible with any vehicle and great for basic and advanced testing whether your a PC-novice, Master Technician, trainer, or instructor.
The 4425 Pico scope offers support and power in an affordable and flexible package for use with any vehicle:
- 4-channel scope with independent floating inputs to measure up to 4 signals at once
- Memory: 250,000,000 samples ‘always on’ memory captures every detail of the signal (up to 10,000 waveforms)
- Sampling rate: maximum at 400MS/s
- Input Voltage: 200 volts maximum
- Accuracy: +/- 1%
- Advanced trigger modes capture intermittent faults
- Zoom: Multiple views of the same data, zoom up to 200x, pan and filter each view
- ConnectDetect™ for reliable probing
- Protection against overloads and short circuits
- Unlimited storage of waveforms and settings
- 127-preloaded tests and waveform references
- CAN bus and FlexRay compatible
- USB connection to PC: USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Language Options (English, French, German, Italian)
- 24 month warranty
- Free software updates
- Free technical support
How does it compare to the competition?
Two features that help the PicoScope outperform other scope are (1) high performance vertical resolution and (2) memory buffers.
- ConnectDetect™. This handy feature detects when you have made a good connection in those difficult to reach places, displaying the connection status on your screen and on the front of the scope module.
- Vertical Resolution: Unlike most digital storage oscilloscopes, which typically have 8-bit vertical resolution and poor DC accuracy, the PicoScope is accurate to 1% and with 12-bit resolution. This gives a vertical resolution of 4000 'dots' compared to the usual 100 or 200 of most other automotive scopes.
- Memory Buffer: PicoScope has a large memory buffer - this lets you capture large, complex signals and then ZOOM (up to 200x) into areas of interest to show the fine detail of the signal.
- If you bought a PicoScope 10-years ago you could still use the most current software and all the new accessories with your older PicoScope module! And the software updates would still be free.
What can I test with the PicoScope
The PicoScope offers professional-level testing and flexibility for diagnosing faults in any modern vehicle. The package includes software and hardware (leads, adapters and connectors) so you can acquire signals from:
- Primary and secondary ignition circuits
- Glow plugs and timer relays
- Fuel injectors
- Fuel pumps
- Alternators and starters
- CAN Bus
- Flex Ray
- and many other sensors and actuators: ABS, crankshaft, camshaft, MAP, MAF, throttle position, knock and lambda sensors
For expanded testing, the PicoScope is compatible with many aftermarket accessories that are sold separately, including:
- Pressure transducers
- Ignition Parade module
- DLC Breakout box
How do you use a PicoScope?
Select a preset from the drop-down menu and click it. The PicoScope will automatically:
- Display a sample waveform (there are over 120 samples)
- Adjust the lab scope settings (time, volts, trigger, sweep, etc...)
- Display a tutorial page with full details of how to connect the scope, along with advice on what the waveform should look like and general technical information on the component/system being tested.
Use a PicoScope just like any other PC program, point and click to select, drag, move, zoom, and get help.
- Draggable rulers make it easy to organize waveforms on the screen.
- Clear graphics and text together with the ability to enlarge font sizes on measurements means that the screen is easier to read — even from a distance.
- Tooltips appear when you hover your mouse over a control, making it easy to understand what everything does.
- Point–and–click tools make panning and zooming any waveform quick and easy.
- User–configurable toolbars let you position the controls where you want them.